SER027 - HVAC Electrical Pro-Troubleshooting - FAD Approved
This course teaches the fundamental and advance skills of troubleshooting residential and light commercial HVAC electrical system problems. In this course, technicians learn and practice proven diagnostic techniques that they can apply immediately, back on the job. The goal is to provide technicians with both the skills and confidence to tackle any electrical system malfunction, with emphasis on rapid discovery of the failed component and root cause determination. Following this logical, systematic procedure for troubleshooting electrical systems makes the job must less intimidating. This course was developed as a stand-alone seminar, or to be taken in conjunction with HVAC Mechanical Pro-Troubleshooting. This is not a course for a technician just entering the HVAC field.
- Identify essential characteristics of an electrical circuit
- Distinguish various types and styles of wiring diagrams and their intended purpose
- Recognize electrical symbols and industry standards
- Read and interpret various wiring schematics and determine sequence of operation
- Define the function of various printed circuit boards
- Develop practical troubleshooting approach to isolate and correct electrical system malfunctions
- Develop safe electrical troubleshooting practices and procedures
- Perform root cause analysis to prevent repeat failures
A cumulative score of 70% is required to pass this course. The score is a combination of attendance, class participation, and a demonstration of skills and knowledge through quizzes and/or work sessions.
Suggested Prerequisites: A minimum of one year of field experience in servicing and maintaining residential and light commercial HVAC equipment or appropriate vocational education.
Additional Accreditation: This course provides 3 credit hours from Onondaga Community College, a member of the State University of New York educational institution. (Credits may be transferable to other college degree programs.)
Register for SER027 - HVAC Electrical Pro-Troubleshooting - FAD Approved
Click on column header to sort, BOLD = Confirmed Class
|Class||Location||Start Date||Class Length (Days)||Register For Class|